[Latte] quotation problem

Martin Pool mbp@linuxcare.com.au
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 13:10:46 +1100

On 19 Mar 2001, Daniel Mahler <mahler@cyc.com> wrote:

> I certainly agree that Latte is a very cool,
> at least as specified in the documentationn.
> In particular, I am thinking of adapting it for use
> as a programming language preprocessor.
> (Imagine lisp macros for Java)

Oh, in that case you might like to look at Kawa as well.

  http://freshmeat.net/projects/kawa/

> But I need to get a feel for its robusteness before
> I start getting other people at work to use it.
> Completely broken quoting and macros
> are not a good sign.

I think Latte needs some tender loving care from someone familiar with
Scheme to fulfil it's real purpose.

I think the unique license might scare people off.  I *think* it's the
same as the Mozilla Public License, just renamed, but having to read
through it and understand it from scratch is hard work.

--
Martin