[Latte] Re: Latte use.

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 18:48:30 -0800

begin  Bart Schaefer quotation:
> On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> > begin  latte@thok.net quotation:
> > > All I'm looking for is a system that will allow me to keep my
> > > development in one file and to generate a standard header for
> > > various documents.
> >
> > 	I am looking for the same feature, largely because I want to
> > have a single document turn into chapter files, index frame, TOC
> > page, etc.  I have not yet found a satisfactory solution.
>
> http://www.zanshin.com/pipermail/latte/2000-August/000061.html

	Wouldn't it be fairly simple (for those familiar with the
latte code) to implement a function to redirect output?

	For example:

		{\redirect-output "file.html" {\mypagefunction ...} }

	Or something along those lines.  Presumably you'd want
versions or parameters to allow truncation on open, different
filenames for different output types, etc.

--
You are not entitled to your opinions.

	01234567 <- The amazing indent-o-meter!
        ^	    Matt McIrvin: the Nikola Tesla of tab damage.