[Latte] quotation problem

Martin Pool mbp@linuxcare.com.au
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 00:25:33 +1100

On 13 Mar 2001, Daniel Mahler <mahler@cyc.com> wrote:

> I am having trouble getting quoting to work
> with groups. variables inside quoted groups just disappear,
> contrary to what the manual says.
> This makes it almost imossible to write useful macros.
> Has anyone else come across this?
> Am I mising something?
> Also is latte still being actively maintained?
> Or used??

I'm certainly using it, for <http://rproxy.samba.org/> amongst other
things.  However, I think you're right: quoting and macros do seem to
be broken in latte 2.1, or at least inconsistent with the
documentation and my half-assed understanding of Scheme.

For what it's worth, I think Latte is a really cool language even if
you can only use functions rather than macros.  (After all, most of
the alternative markup languages do not have them either.)

I don't know if anyone's very actively maintaining it.  There's a
little bit of traffic on the list, but I guess the original authors
are busy.

--
Martin Pool, Human Resource
Linuxcare. Inc.   +61 2 6262 8990